Basalt Rock Dust is mined from an ancient volcanic deposit in British Columbia, Canada. It is a source of natural minerals and trace elements that plants need to thrive. This product can be used on farms, home gardens, landscapes, and turf, for a full range of plant types.
Why Basalt Rock Dust?
- Basalt is a mineral-rich, volcanic rock high in magnesium, iron, calcium, and silica.
- Gaia Green Basalt Rock Dust is mined from an ancient volcanic deposit in British Columbia, CalCanada.
- Finely ground rock dust to rapidly re-mineralize depleted soils and potting mixes.
- Contains a wide range of trace elements to support both plant growth and soil biological activity.
Guaranteed Minimum Analysis
- Calcium (Ca): 1.7%
- Magnesium (Mg): 1.0%
- Iron (Fe): 5.5%
- Manganese (Mn): 0.08%
- Gardens and landscapes: Broadcast and incorporate up to 3 kg per 10 m2 (6 lbs per 100 ft2). Apply up to a maximum of 12 kg per 10 m2 (24 lbs per 100 ft2) annually.
Transplanting and premixing soil for potted plants and planter boxes: 15 ml per 4 L (1 tbsp per gallon) of soil or growing medium. Thoroughly mix into the soil or growing medium.
Top-dressing: Add 15 ml per 4 L (1 tbsp per gallon) of soil or growing medium. Gently dig into the soil surface once a month.
Store in a cool, dry location, out of direct sunlight. Protect from frost and other climatic extremes. Seal package between uses.
GAIA GREEN Basalt Rock Dust is approved for use in organic agriculture by Ecocert Canada (in compliance with Canada’s Organic Production Systems General Principles & Management Standards and Permitted Substances Lists (CAN/CGSB 32.310-2015 and CAN/CGSB 32.311-2015)).