Bone Meal is a premium, slow-release fertilizer, recommended for bulbs, vegetables, annuals, perennials, shrubs, and lawns.
Bone Meal is primarily used as a source of phosphorous and calcium to improve nutrient conditions for root development, vigorous green growth, and profuse blooms.
Why Bone Meal?
An excellent source of slow-release phosphorus and calcium.
Helps mitigate soil acidity.
Can be liberally applied without risk of burning or soil salination.
Guaranteed Minimum Analysis
- Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5): 14.0%
- Calcium (Ca): 26.0%
- 100 Tyler Mesh Sieve (minimum): 40.0%
Directions For Use
- Gardens and landscapes: Broadcast and incorporate up to 1.25 kg per 25 m2 (10.25 lbs per 1000 ft2). Apply up to a maximum of 5 kg per 25 m2 (40 lbs per 1000 ft2) annually.
- Farm: Apply up to 2000 kg per ha (2240 lb per acre) annually. Field rates are best calculated based on soil conditions and crop demand.
- Turf: For single applications, broadcast up to 0.1 kg per 25 m2 (1 lbs per 1000 ft2). Apply up to a maximum of 0.3 kg per 25 m2 (3 lbs per 1000 ft2) annually. Water turf thoroughly after application. Only apply to actively growing turf.
- Pre-mixing soil for hanging baskets, potted plants, and planter boxes: Mix at a rate of 45 ml per 4 L (3 tbsp per gallon) of soil or growing medium.
- Top-dressing hanging baskets, potted plants, and planter boxes: Apply 15 ml per 4 L (1 tbsp per gallon) of soil or growing medium. Gently dig into the soil surface. Apply up to once a month. Perennials, tubers, and bulbs: Mix 45 – 90 ml (3 – 6 tbsp) into the soil in the planting hole.
- Store in a cool, dry location, out of direct sunlight. Protect from frost and other climatic extremes. Seal packaging between uses.