Safer's Sulphur Dust controls powdery mildew, rust, black spot, scab, and mites on vegetables, fruit, and flowers. Sulphur dust can be dusted directly onto plants or mixed with water to spray onto plants. Can be used up to one day before harvest.
- May be dusted directly onto plants or bulbs, or may be mixed with water for spray application. For mixing add 15 mL of Safer’s Sulfur Dust (1 tablespoonful) to each litre of water and mix thoroughly. Agitate the mixture while spraying to avoid settling. (15 mL weighs approximately 10 grams).
- Apples, Pears: Powdery Mildew, Scab and Mites. Apply from green tip to first cover spray. Reduce rate to one-half for subsequent sprays. Do not use on Anjou or Comice pears.
- Cherry (sweet and sour): Brown Rot, Leaf Spot, Powdery Mildew, Mites. Apply in scheduled protective spray program from bloom to harvest.
- Grapes and Strawberries: Powdery Mildew. Apply at first sign of mildew and repeat every ten days if necessary. Do not use on Concord grapes or other sensitive varieties.
- Peaches and Plums: Brown Rot, Leaf Spot, and Black Knot.
- Currants and Gooseberries: Powdery Mildew, Rust. Apply before earliest blossoms and continue through harvest.
- Beans, Peas: Powdery Mildew, Rust. Spray or dust on appearance of disease and repeat at 7 to 10 day intervals as necessary.
- Tomato: Rust, Mite. Spray or dust when the fruit begins to set.
- Roses, Flowers, Ornamentals: Rust, Powdery Mildew, Black Spot, Mites. Dust or spray every 7 to 10 days through the season.